The practice of yoga and Pilates begins before your class starts. To create the best experience for yourself and others, please follow these guidelines:
- Arrive 10 minutes before class begins. Give yourself time for a moment of meditation and to relax from the day. Late arrivals can be disruptive and may not be accommodated.
- Students are always welcome to relax in the space prior to the class if the room is open – we ask that you observe noble silence and limit your activity to relaxation.
- Tell your teacher about any injuries or special health conditions before class. This will help the teacher make suggestions to make your practice safer and more enjoyable.
- Bring your own mat to class for hygienic and energetic reasons. Several mat styles are available to enhance your practice. Rental mats are available for $ 1.
- If you perspire during class, please bring a towel or rent a towel. Please do not use studio blankets without a towel if you are perspiring. If you perspire on the floor please wipe up your sweat.
- Please keep conversations low when you arrive and leave as other students may be relaxing or meditating. We want to create a space of healing, quiet, and relaxation as well as one of friendship.
- Leave cell phones outside the Studio A door on off or silent. If you are on call or in an emergency situation, please speak to someone at the front desk.
- Do not bring a beginner to an intermediate class. This is for the beginner’s safety as well as respect for the other students and teachers. Please ask the staff or teachers for suggestions about classes if you are uncertain.
- Remove your shoes after entering to keep the floors clean for others.
- Refrain from wearing perfumes or fragrances as some people are allergic to strong odors. Mats may be kept fresh by washing them from time to time.
Thank you for creating a sacred space for your practice and for respecting Happy Belly Studios.